Chesapeake is a bay in the United States of America. The city has many layers of rich history in its folding. It conveys the history to the visitors through various museums and historical parks. It also has various community parks offering exciting activities for all the age groups.
Places to visit:
- Colonial National Historic Park– The Colonial National Historic Park was founded and established in 1607. The history so preserved includes explorations of battlefields & monuments.
- Cape Henry Lighthouse- Cape Henry Lighthouse was founded in the year 1881. It has a history as late as the 18th Century. It popularizes in tower climbs with ocean views, a gift shop & a lot more.
- Point Lookout State Park- It is a public park which offers activities like swimming, fishing & camping.
- Holland Island - Holland Island is a popular and one of the oldest sites in the city.
- Calvert Cliffs State Park- It is situated on a sandy beach. It is popular for hiking trails, fossil hunting & fishing.
- Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge- The Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge was constructed in the year 1933. It is famous as a waterfowl sanctuary for migratory birds.
- Eastern Shore of Virginia National Wildlife Refuge- The Eastern Shore of Virginia National Wildlife Refuge was settled in 1984. It is spread in an area of 1,127-acre land.
Places to stay:
- Best Western Holiday Sands Inn & Suites – Western Holiday offers vibrant rooms with excruciating and breath-taking ocean views from the rooms. It also comes with free breakfast, free Wi-fi, and an outdoor pool.
- Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa- This hotel is as old as 1946. IT is ancient hotel with a casino, an indoor pool, free wi-fi, complimentary breakfast, a spa & 3 restaurants.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Virginia Beach Bay Beach – Travelodge allows a comfy stay along with free Wi-fi, continental breakfast, free parking, and an outdoor pool.
- Virginia Beach Resort Hotel and Conference Center- Virginia Beach Resort offers a comfortable stay and rooms with exquisite views along with free Wi-Fi, a meeting space, a health club & a restaurant.
- Sunset Beach Hotel & Chesapeake Bay KOA Resort & Beach Club- Sunset Beach Hotel is an affordable hotel with Beach views from its rooms along with various amenities like free breakfast, a seasonal outdoor pool & a beachfront restaurant.